Former president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria – Chief Olusegun Obasanjo was recently featured on MTV Base Meets…MTN. Obasanjo spoke about the value of education, pivotal moments in his life, the joy he found during his time in prison and his love for dancing and Bob Marley! Here’s what he had to say: ‘You must make up your mind what you want out of life. That thing that you have chosen, you must never give up. Whatever your hands and your head find to do: do it with all your might!
The seven young people who had the opportunity to meet and interview Obasanjo included;
- Sandrine Kabzanguka, a 25-year-old Rwandan law graduate and baking entrepreneur
- Kocabelle Guemini, a 26-year old business graduate and actress from Cameroon
- Daniel Effiong, a 28-year-old Nigerian oil industry engineer and entertainer
- Ibilola Fabunmi, a 27-year-old Nigerian HR manager
- Michael Ugwu, a 31-year-old Nigerian internet entrepreneur
- Omolemo Matloga, a 15-year-old South African schoolgirl who aims to be a doctor
- Sasha Bake, 18-year-old training model and Liberian high school graduate
First initiated in 2011, MTV Base Meets…with MTN connects African youth with the thought leaders, opinion formers, decision makers and role models who shape their world. Further influencers still to feature in the current series include Togolese international footballer Emmanuel Adebayor (August 29 ) and South African politician and activist Winnie Madikizela-Mandela (September 5).
The show will premiere on Wednesday, August 22, 2012.