Are you technically savvy and thrilled by new technology? Are you enthusiastic about Google products? Are you knowledgeable about your school and motivated to bring new opportunities to your peers? Do your friends call you a natural leader?
If so, the Google Campus Ambassador role may be a perfect fit for you!
Through the Student Ambassador Program, you become a liaison between Google and your university. Ambassadors plan and host several events during the school year, introduce students to new Google products and features and act as a campus contact for Google teams.
Google Student Ambassadors may:
- Work closely with local Google teams
- Host and organize events to bring awareness to Google’s products and brand
- Spread the word about competitions, training opportunities, scholarships and other events
- Attend Google events as a Google representative
- Help Google to better understand their campus’ culture
- Build relationships on campus with faculty and student groups
- Test products and features
- Promote product use and new product launches to students
- Be a source of knowledge for your university about Google products
What are the qualifications?
This opportunity is open to university students at level 2 or above and postgraduate students. Google Student Ambassadors must be:
Currently enrolled in the university and available for one academic year
- Pursuing a degree or postgraduate program in any discipline
- Passionate about technology
- Able to plan events and manage a budget
- Actively involved in student life on campus
- What is the time commitment?
- One academic school year
- Approx. ten hours per month
- Four or more events per year
As a Google Student Ambassador, you will:
- Receive regular updates about exciting new Google products / features, programs and announcements
- Enhance your professional development, leadership, technical and communication skills
- Be eligible to participate in special Google events, product training and be considered for local internships
- Exchange best practices with Ambassadors from other schools and disciplines
- Add the Google Student Ambassador Program experience to your resume
Get your own Google SWAG
Sounds great, how do I apply?
To apply, you should:
1. Write 2 Essays as specified in the application form.
2. Submit your application online at http://goo.gl/B2SjX by Thursday, 1st March 2012 (for students in Sub-Saharan Africa). Shortlisted students will be contacted by the end of March 2012.