Here’s the second recipe for the Recipes by Alice series… Mr Biggs Scotch Eggs. Enjoy!!!
Scotch Eggs are definitely one of my favorite snacks, always has been, I have memories of going to Mr Biggs as a kid, those people make the best meat pies and scotch eggs, HANDS DOWN!!!!!
Some of the best memories from Nigeria for sure, a couple of weeks ago, I was reminiscing about the ‘amazingness’ of their scotch eggs and I talked about it so much I started craving the actual snack. Decided to make some and it turned out so good. So like the generous person I am, I’m here to share the recipe
- Pork Sausage (200g)
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup of Breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp Ground garlic
- 1 tsp Ground onions
- 1 tsp Ground Chili pepper
- Flour for dusting
- Oil for frying
- Boil 4 eggs in a saucepan for 12 minutes
- Whisk last egg in a bowl and set aside
- Mix Sausage with dry ingredients and salt, mix properly until all the dry ingredients are properly incorporated
- Peel boiled egg and dust peeled eggs in flour
- Mould the seasoned sausage into a half moon in the palm of your hand, and put the dusted egg into it.
- Work the sausage around the egg until it completely covers it.
- Lightly brush the sausage covered egg with the whisk egg
- Roll it around in bread crumbs
- Fry the scotch eggs in very hot oil.
This recipe was put together by Alice Okundaye. Alice is a self taught home cook who tries to reproduce quality meals served at restaurant in her tiny little kitchen. She works as a systems engineer during the day and spends every other time spent either cooking, watching food shows, talking about food, thinking about food or trying out restaurants.