N’abania crooner, Flavour, has been hit with a temporary ban from the Dominican Republic. Flavour was billed to perform in the country at the World Creole Music Festival between October 24-26, but he has just been dropped due to fears of the raging Ebola disease in West Africa. Dominicannewsonline reports that the prime minister, Roosevelt Skerrit said this concerning the issue:
“Until a firm grip is secured on this Ebola virus, the world has to pay special attention to region of its predominance. West Africa, as I said previously, is once such region. I have reviewed the file with respect to the contractual arrangements entered into with the Flavour band out of Nigeria. To date a total of EC$147,000 has been expended on professional fees and international travel by this group.
Indeed, I would love if, by this time next year, the Ebola virus could have been brought under control, if not eradicated; regions around the world cleared of the threat of the virus, and entertainers, such as Flavour, could visit and perform in Dominica. But, for the time being, I have advised the organizers of the World Creole Music Festival that the Government of Dominica would not be prepared at this time to sponsor or embrace the visit of persons from a universally recognized Zone One area of the dreaded Ebola virus.
Fellow Dominicans and friends, this is the decision of the Government! It is final.”