The most anticipated wedding for 2012 took place on Saturday, April 21 in far-away France. Stephanie Okereke shared vows with her heartthrob, PR genius, Linus Idahosa in a 17th century Parisian Castle reserved for royalties. The pictures were a testament of their exquisite taste.
Joy Isi Bewaji got the new bride to share 10 happy things about her wedding! Read about it below.
Enjoy watching the fairy tale wedding of Stephanie Okereke & Linus Idahosa!
1. What got you interested in having your wedding in Paris?
It’s the ambience – fairy-tale like. It is reminiscent of culture, of peace and love; something away from the chaos we get used, something fresh, new and different.
2. How would you describe your feelings at the moment?
I’m happy. It’s a beautiful feeling to be in love and be with the one person you wish to spend the rest of your life with.
3. How has your career influenced your taste in a man?
Lol! I guess you just want the best out of life when you are open to experiencing life in all its beauty. I want a man that is not threatened in the least; one who has his own pursuit, and there’s a connect between what we do. Respect is key.
4. Is it possible to have a good marriage under the continuous glare of Nollywood spotlight?
My marriage is not under the spotlight, my career is. I’m not going to drag my marriage through the lenses of cameras. It is private, and all the public excitement ends with the wedding, afterwards it’s serious business – marriage is serious business.
5. If you had to insure any part of you, what would it be?
Without a doubt, my mind. As a creative person, I don’t think there’s much to life without the ability to make things happen, creatively.
6. What’s the best marriage advice you’ve ever had?
I read this somewhere: “If your goal is to have a satisfying marriage with longevity, make sure you are accountable for the part you play in the relationship—good or bad. When you are in denial about your part in the relationship then you are no better than a child flinging sand at another child in a sandbox. When you take responsibility for your part in the marriage, only then will you be able to connect with your partner in a mature, intimate way.”
7. What is it about your husband, Linus Idahosa, that makes him tick?
He’s a man that has a deep connection with God. A driven individual, kind, loving, truly inspiring; it’s a total package.
8. With all the marital chaos everywhere, why do you believe in love?
Love is God. If it is corrupted, it is hardly God’s fault. We have it in us to retrace our steps back to how God intended love to be.
9. How do you plan to multi-task your new family with your career and all your business pursuits?
Like every woman knows, the skill to multi-task is inside of us. When we set our priorities right, we can get the best out every department of life.
10. In your opinion, what do women really want in marriage?
Love, peace, security. A man to share your dreams with. One who truly respects you and sees beyond just your beauty but your true essence. A real man with real values.