Sexual intercourse, also known as copulation or coitus, commonly refers to the insertion of a male’s penis into a female’s vagina for the purposes of sexual pleasure or reproduction. It sounds very professional putting it that way; like you need a degree or something to do the job, the true pleasure of the act is lost in that explanation don’t you think?
What does this act mean to you? Why do you think it is necessary that you go through this process of ultimate pleasure. Most people learn the basics behind sex when Mom, Dad or the sex-ed teacher sit them down for a talk about where babies come from. And sure, sex is about reproduction but it also has a number of pleasant side effects that aren’t quite as well-known. I did a bit of research and this is what I found (Though type of sex matters: Men who paid for sex were less happy, as were people who cheated on a spouse)…
1. Sex is a beauty treatment. Scientific tests find that when women make love they produce amounts of the hormone estrogen, which makes hair shine and skin smooth.
2. Sex makes your skin glow. Gentle, relaxed lovemaking reduces your chances of suffering dermatitis, skin rashes and blemishes. The sweat produced cleanses the pores and makes your skin glow.
3. Lovemaking can burn up those calories you piled on during that romantic dinner. Sex is one of the safest sports you can take up. It stretches and tones up just about every muscle in the body. It’s more enjoyable than swimming 20 laps, and you don’t need special sneakers!
4. Sex is an instant cure for mild depression. It releases endorphins into the bloodstream; producing a sense of euphoria, leaving you with a feeling of well-being. A 10-year research carried on 1,000 middle-aged men at Queens University in Belfast, Ireland, showed that sex on a regular basis increases the humans’ lifespan. For the same age and health, those who had orgasms more frequently had half the death rate of men who did not have such frequent orgasms. This could be due to the plummeting stress hormones, reaction that installs after we have sex.
5. The more sex you have, the more attractive for the opposite sex you are. The sexually active body gives off greater quantities of chemicals called pheromones. These subtle sex perfumes drive the opposite sex crazy!
6 . Sex is the safest tranquilizer in the world. IT IS 10 TIMES MORE EFFECTIVE THAN VALIUM. After orgasm, especially in the evening, we become sleepy. This is the effect of some good sex: It increases sleep quality. Following an orgasm, the body of both males or females becomes completely relaxed, so they may have a good deep sleep.
7. Kissing each day will keep the dentist away. Kissing encourages saliva to wash food from the teeth and lowers the level of the acid that causes decay, preventing plaque build-up.
8. Sex actually relieves headaches. A lovemaking session can release the tension that restricts blood vessels in the brain. Research conducted at Rutgers University has found that women have increased pain tolerance and decreased pain detection during vaginal stimulation and orgasm.
9. A lot of lovemaking can unblock a stuffy nose. Sex is a natural antihistamine. It can help combat asthma and hay fever. A study presented at the Eastern Psychological Association Convention in 1999 found that among undergraduate students, those who had sex once or twice a week had higher levels of the antibody immunoglobulin A, or IgA, compared with students who fooled around less.
10. For the men – Sex fights cancer! Ejaculation may reduce prostate cancer risk. A 2004 study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association followed 30,000 men, including about 1,500 who eventually got prostate cancer, and found that an active sex life was not associated with a higher risk of the disease.
11. This is disgusting but…..sperm is good for the skin: The proteins in sperm have a tightening effect on the skin. When sperm is left to dry, the evaporation of the water in it leaves behind protein which can help to reduce wrinkles. While this may be an excellent anti-aging treatment, the obvious downside is that you have to walk around with sperm on your face.
12. Sex leads to a better control of the bladder, by strengthening the pelvis muscles controlling the flow of urine.
Well, this very much points in the direction that Sex is definitely good for the soul. But lets not forget the fact that all these pleasures are well enjoyed when you don’t have any sexually transmitted disease hanging over your shoulder. So stay protected guys!